Setup a PPTP VPN in OpenVZ
1. Enable PPP module in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > Settings > "Enable PPP")
2. Re-install with our Debian 6 w/pptpd template in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > General > "Re-install")
3. Change localip in /etc/pptpd.conf to your VPS IP address
4. Setup username and password in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
5. Run iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source YOURVPSIP
6. Run iptables-save
7. Run service pptpd restart
8. Run sh /root/reapply.sh
And you're all set. Login to you server using your VPS's IP address and credentials. If you have any issues try the following troubleshooting steps:
Run the following command: cat /dev/ppp
If it returns "cat: /dev/ppp: No such device or address" then your PPP module is set correctly, if not, you need to enable it in SolusVM (or disable and re-enable it).
Restart your VPS in SolusVM. If this allows you to connect but you do not have internet access, you'll need to re-run the iptables commands above (steps 5 and 6).
If you want to install PPTP from scratch, we recommend this guide: http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/
Was this answer helpful?
Yes - We Allow Tun/Tap or PPP on any of our vps or cloud service.About proxy server - has long as...
How to Change OS?Login to SolusVM.Click on the "Manage" button to the right of your OpenVZ server...
Due to changes made in the latest version of java, this has broken compatibility the java console...
In order to add a Rdns / PTR Record, please open a support ticket.
Test IP New York City (Manhattan) - Telehouse DataCenterPing IPV4: 126.96.36.199Ping IPv6:...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution