Install ubuntu RDP and connected to if from your windows computer at home
install Ubuntu 12.04 TLS
than do: apt-get update
- Must have port 3389 open in the security group associated with your instance. If you have the Windows Firewall enabled on your instance you must also have that port allowed as well.
Installing XRDP on Ubuntu for RDP connection
These steps will allow you to access a Desktop GUI environment for your Ubuntu 12.04 instance using the Remote Desktop Connection program on your Windows machine.
1. Install the Ubuntu Desktop environment:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
2. Install XRDP using the following command:
sudo apt-get install xrdp
NOTE:User must add port 3389 to Security Groups.
3. Once the installation is complete you will need to start the XRDP Application:
sudo /etc/init.d/xrdp start
4. Create a new user that you will use to log into the XRDP:
sudo adduser USERNAME
NOTE: If the server does not accept the name you chose for the account add: "--force-badname" to the end of the command above.
5. The user setup in step 5 will only have login access to the instance but will not be able to install applications or complete administrator tasks. You can grant sudo access to this user by putting them into the sudo group:
sudo adduser USERNAME sudo
Was this answer helpful?
Test IP New York City (Manhattan) - Telehouse DataCenterPing IPV4: 126.96.36.199Ping IPv6:...
No, we don't offer Cpanel/Whmcs License.
How to Change OS?Login to SolusVM.Click on the "Manage" button to the right of your OpenVZ server...
Due to changes made in the latest version of java, this has broken compatibility the java console...
You can order one additional ip on any vps plan, ip price is: $1.5/Month.if you need more...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution